May Chronicles



Here is what you are looking at from May:

Addie's 7th Birthday- was all things tiny. She recently taught herself the art of balloon sculpting with the help of the ever-genius Klutz. It's a skill that gains her a lot of adoration. She entertained her party guests with custom hats.

Ballet Recital- In January Addie set a goal to learn ballet this year. We think she has found her dance niche. She really enjoyed this class and performance...to say nothing of the beautiful costume. For the week that it hung, out of reach, in the top of my closet she would frequently visit it and declare just how wonderful it was.

Memorial Day Campout at Zion National Park- you can't beat a trip to Zion with great friends, weather that doesn't break 80' and a campsite where you don't see another soul. The crowning achievement was the whole family hiking up to Scout Lookout on Angel's Landing. That's a 5 mile trip up and back down 1200ft! Yea for little legs! Of course they all loved Walter's Wiggles and had most of the passing hikers totally amazed. It was hard not to notice 9 kids to say nothing of the (joyful) noise they were making. We thought they were so awesome. Addie and Aaron ventured up the last 1/2 mile to the top of Angel's Landing. Addie says she wasn't scared at all and points out that she is extra cool for doing it in Crocs.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Angel's Landing are you kidding me??? Last summer I could feel my legs go numb and my heart race just looking at the picture of my siblings do it! Go Addie! I bet you got LOTS of comments. You picked a smart time to go to Zions as opposed to end of July where it was 110 the entire time.

Addie looks beautiful and I am totally loving Enoch's bike trick. I wonder how him and Katelyn would get along now! :)

Unknown said...

Enoch cracks me up! He is the perfect boy for your all girl family!
Addie is gorgeous! I love the dance photos! I wish I could come see her dance. Is she going to for the talent show? Keep it up! It will be so good for her in the future. I can't believe she is seven too! She is getting so old!
Quinnie just tugs at my heart. She is so adorable.
Jane - where did your baby go? She is getting big too! i think she looks like Quinn in the photo of her smelling flowers with Addie. I cannot WAIT for next week. I think Abi will be in heaven with your girls. Can I move closer puh-lease?
Thanks for the note this morning. I admire what you do. Soon enough, I can send you an email with my mom things too. 6 weeks!