(23 pictures)
Welcome Summer!
June started cold, freezing our garden at night for the first two weeks.
Then it warmed up and dried out. We were on evacuation standby over the 3rd weekend because the wildfire was 1/2 mile away.
This week it looks as though monsoon is starting. I LOVE monsoon. Today is the third afternoon of rain so far.
Our summer schedule includes the library on Monday...except the kids finished their reading program after only two weeks. The park with friends on Tuesday, the summer movies on Wednesday, swimming and play dates on Thursday and any random adventure for Friday.
In the afternoons they read and rest for an hour, then they get to work on an activity. Thanks to our great grandmas for supplying a lot of ideas.
We are also enjoying concerts in the park on Wednesday night with potluck picnics with our friends.
I got to do another wedding this month and Dad held the fort down...again...while I went to Mesa for a weekend to train for Let's Play Music 2nd year. I started out a year ago doing this for my kids wondering why I was adding one more thing to my life, now it has become such a source of fun and enjoyment for me. I wasn't expecting it to be for me too!
I've also decided that there is definitely merit to the old adage: the right tool for the job. For years I have scheduled my wash so that I can take at least one day off mid-week, if I've had enough. But I did load after load the other 5 days. Since Aaron spoiled me with a fancy new set I find myself with nothing left to do after two days. Not even the rugs, or the shower curtains, or the sheets, or the towels, or the picnic blanket, or the winter coats...what else can I find to wash? Plus it turns out to be great entertainment for the kids- ha ha- and they can take over a lot of the responsibility for loading, switching, turning on, etc. LOVE IT!
Then...I found myself a steam cleaner. Watch out, I am addicted. The chairs, the grout, the sink, the microwave, the oven, the fridge, the garbage lids, the floor, the wall by the baby seat, the windows, the window tracks! and the cupboard fronts. Whoa. It is out of control.
Lazy Summer Days? We're too busy for that!
And did you realize? Aaron and I have been married 10 years now!
June Chronicles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Already googling the Steam Shot. Thanks Tiff!
I have always wanted a steam cleaner...mom just got one, maybe I can borrow hers. I wish my house was that clean!
After checking out your last few posts, I have one word to describe you - Supermom! I'm so impressed.
Beautiful flowers!!! I miss the Hopkinson summer schedule. We still have movies on Wed too and I don't know anybody there! Also it's soooo hot that we can't do the park. Boo. I miss Flag! (Just found out we are moving to UT though so maybe summer will get better!!! )
So glad you are having a good summer!
I am going through Hopkinson withdrawals . . . update, update, update!!
Post a Comment