May Chronicles


Addie's mother's day card:
"My mom has blue eyes.
My mom has brown hair.
Sometimes she eats candy
but I don't care."

Addie's riddle poem:

A is the oldest

Q has a good imagination
J is a baby

and E is trouble.
T is a genius

and A is smart,

but F is the BEST!!!!
What is F?


Other big events for Addie include incubating real live chicks at school, practicing and performing the Reading Restaurant, and discovering 3 cavities at the dentist, who knew kids needed to floss? Obviously not me. Her dentist happens to be her primary teacher also. After her first filling Aaron asked her if she still wanted to go back to church and luckily she said she did. She also turned 6 years old and had a wild and crazy Mad Scientist Party.

The highlight for Quinn this month was going to Wednesday morning Sporties for Shorties at the local Aquatics Center. She's getting especially good at rock climbing. And for the record: she can now brake on her bike!

I have to note the curious black eye Enoch was sporting in some of the photos from last month. That was from playing frisbee, with Quinn, on the trampoline; a favorite pastime of the two of them. This month he discovered soccer. He even takes the soccer ball with us in the car when we go most places. He has also decided to take his sense of fashion into his own hands. That always happens when my 2 year olds discover 'the Red Cowboy Boots.' A particularly choice outfit consisted of a Brazilian soccer shirt, cars and trucks long johns and red cowboy boots up to his knees. He wore it to the grocery store. He got a lot of comments.

Jean started smiling. Of course, it's cute. The kids really like to get her to smile at them. It's a good thing her outfits are so darn cute on her to make up for Enoch's fashion statements.

We have all been working on planting our new fancy garden boxes. Addie is excited about the carrots. Enoch likes to keep an eye on the fast growing peas. Quinn planted her own zinnias (incidentally, the same thing my mom planted in her 'garden' when she was Quinn's age). Aaron's pride is his lettuce and spinach box. I'm especially looking after the herbs and flowers. I really had to argue for one box being my flower box. Aaron wanted all produce harvest crops. I tried to warn him that you don't garden in Flagstaff, (at 7000 ft, with an average late frost date of June 15) for a bountiful harvest; it's more for the experience. I like to say, I garden to learn more about God. It's a good experience.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow, Tiff! I haven't been online for a while and it looks like life has been busy! Congrats on baby Jean, she looks adorable and I'm glad she's healthy and the delivery went well. Your garden looks cool, it's so you and Aaron to have the boxes laid out in a geometric design. Happy bday to Addie, she looks so grown up in her dance recital costume! Good luck with four, you'll have to tell me if you recommend it! ;)

Unknown said...

Wow Tiff - you are on time with your May post! Good Job! Love the photos as always. I have not seen your back yard in so long, it looks awesome. Addies dance picture remind me of when we were in dance together. I should dig out some of those photos and post. Too cute! Can't wait to meet Baby Jean!

Valine Quinn said...

Tiff,

I never doubted you would have your post by the last day of the month! I mean, what else do you have to do? Sure love you, Mom

ps I love the picture of you explaining experiments at Addie's birthday party - the teacher in you

Tiffany said...

I'm impressed . . . June 1st - you are on the ball! It was good to look at pictures and catch up, I feel like I haven't seen you ALL month!

You look great!

Camie said...

Congrats on the new baby, Tiff, and it's fun to see your growing family. Your Mom's commment is hilarious--I can somewhat relate. I still want to know: what is F? Dance pics are too cute. Great times!

Tiffany said...

I am guessing "F" is family