May Chronicles



Addie turned 5 on Mother's Day. Most of this month's slide show documents the event. It was pretty much an instant replay on Quinn's birthday party but I called it a different name. The trick worked pretty slick, there were no complaints.
Aaron and I spent most of the month working on youth conference and talking and planning, and meetings, and driving out to scout it out, etc. etc. We really have fun putting big events like this together. I overheard Quinn playing dolls the other day. She was explaining that she had to get a babysitter so she could work on Youth Conference. I wonder where she learned that.
This month's ironic life story is about me and my quest for homemaking skills. I set out to hem Aaron's new suit myself. My visiting teacher made a special visit to teach me how, then I spent the rest of the day working on it; well, acutally just ironing it in place. I'm not sure how that took me all day, but it did. Aaron's comment when he got home was, "does the house look like this because you worked on my pants all day? It might have just been worth the $14 to take it to the tailor." That was only reinforced when he tried them on for a fitting and one leg was 2 inches too short and the other was 4 inches too long. HOW? did I spend that much time ironing and end up so far off? Good thing I hadn't sewn or cut yet!
Well, I could clearly see there was good reason for seeking out a professional, but I couldn't let something that logically seemed like it should be so simple get the best of me. So the ironing board and related heap sat in the corner for a week while I let my wounded pride heal. Then one night I gave it one more shot and after only 4 hours I had the job done! And now that I've proved I can do it, next time I plan on just using the tailor. I think this experience might also give me good evidence for outsourcing my ironing as well.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Did you make that cake? Impressive!!!

Tiffany said...

Hee Hee . . . Sorry you spent all day trying to hem pants. I am glad you are back!!! I want to see pictures from FRANCE!