April Chronicles



A quick re-cap on some of these pictures.

April is the height of 'Birthday Season' in our household, so you'll see pictures of Jean's 1st, Quinn's 5th & Aaron's thirty somethin' birthdays.
Jean was happy with her one present of about 50 bracelets. She loves bracelets and will try on just about anything that remotely resembles a bracelet.
Quinn, in true creative Quinn fashion, dreamed up a Leaf Party. Not quite as hard to pull off as last year's Q-U party, but every bit as fun.
Aaron got left with all the kids for a weekend on his birthday. I was the one who really got the gift by going to Women's Conference for the weekend. He is totally capable and even turned down a meal plan with "I can handle it. Don't worry about leaving us any plans." (I did anyway).

And as a plug for his awesome Dadness: on Saturday he got all 4 kids ready and hauled them to the stake baptisms because he had to conduct for our ward, then took them all hiking for the afternoon. They were really energized about the adventure. Remember when we first had Addie and he had never even changed a diaper? He is awesomeness personified.
Then next week he took all 4 kids rock climbing during our switch-off at the temple. That might have been taking it too far in my book, but again, the kids were on cloud nine with stories about how they all climbed the highest they ever had...yadda yadda yadda. I still ban it from ever happening again.

A funny note about the April Fool's Dinner is that my kids totally couldn't handle the mixed messages and most of the meal was spent in tears and confusion.

The last few sleepy pictures are just a glimpse of our real life. One morning I got back from running and decided it would be fun to capture our household waking up. Then that night I couldn't resist following up with our household falling asleep. It is so typical...Addie reading, Quinn sacked out and Enoch with the Where's Waldo book across his face.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all the photos...can't wait for May update, June update, July...

Unknown said...

Love all the photos...can't wait for May update, June update, July...

Tiffany said...

I want to hear more about the April fool's dinner - sound's hilarious. I can hear you giggling the entire time you were making it.

Happy Bday Quinn!!! Can you believe our kids are going into K!!!???